Saturday, June 27, 2020

Enough

One person said, "The most helpful guide about living a victorious life is this: Holiness is not the pathway to Christ--Christ is the only way to holiness." Sometimes we want to assume the burden of "enough" activity, “If I could pray enough, live purely enough, study my Bible enough, or liver my life holy enough, I would become holy enough for Jesus to come near. That would indicate to Him that I want to be close to Him." This approach is completely reversed. By ourselves, we cannot do enough of anything to be close to Jesus. Jesus will carry the burden, if we let Him. He accepts the one who understands they cannot accomplish this objective themselves; they must only accept His sacrifice, and He will draw near. When accepted into the Kingdom, the indwelling Holy Spirit will guide a person along the individual spiritual pathway they so earnestly desire. Prayers will become more effective, guidance will be provided for living a pure life, and Bible study becomes clearer. The Holy Spirit helps sanctify us and makes us holy. Yet, we must allow Him to guide us as Paul did. “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh, I live by the faith of the Son of God, Who loved me, and gave Himself for me.” - Gal. 2:20

No comments:

Post a Comment