Sunday, February 24, 2019

Final decisions

Do you believe the Bible in the inspired word of God. Do you believe it was given in concepts from the Holy Spirit that can be translated into any human language? I do! Now when I read passages like the one below, I stop and give thanks that someone of greater knowledge and insight provided clear descriptions of my surroundings. What do you really think about the world in which we live? Certainly Jesus made this world and ultimately owns everything in it, and certainly Satan would like us to think he has more authority than he really does. Yet, how much latitude has God given Satan to work in the areas around us? Who really guides much of this world by using deceit? This result is us, and our decisions. Jesus could make His own final decision, just like us. "And the devil took him up and showed him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time,  and said to him, “To you I will give all this authority and their glory, for it has been delivered to me, and I give it to whom I will. If you, then, will worship me, it will all be yours.”  And Jesus answered him, “It is written, “‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and him only shall you serve.’” - Luke 4:5-8 (ESV) We need to realize that whether we are influenced by Satan or the Holy Spirit, we make the final choices about what we ultimately do each day. This is why it is so important we ask the Holy Spirit to guide our decisions.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much David for telling me about your blog. I totally agree with what you're expressing. My desire to see Jesus and his spirit and everything around me caused me to begin my study of the Hebrew language and the original text of the Bible. Say a prayer for me because I will be teaching the ladies in ladies class next month from the Hebrew perspective of the bride of Christ. I am hoping and praying that it will inspire the women to dig deeper into God's word and be more aware of his spirit.

    ReplyDelete