Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Similar interests

Most people enjoy conversations with other people who share similar interests? I have observed people of both genders discuss basketball, football, or other sports for hours and never tire of the conversation. If not sports the topic might be balet, opera, NASCAR, or fishing. People feel a kinship to others who share like interests. We focus on our own opinions and preferences. There are also those who share a common interst in God's word. It is very easy for the Holy Spirit to encourage and teach people who are interested in God, His Word, His opinions, His actions. We need to believe and follow as the Holy Spirit leads us. Jesus responded to some Jews, "But because I tell the truth, you do not believe me. Which one of you convicts me of sin? If I tell the truth, why do you not believe me? Whoever is of God hears the words of God. The reason why you do not hear them is that you are not of God,” - Jn. 8:45-47 (ESV).

No comments:

Post a Comment