Sunday, May 31, 2020

Prayer empowers

Recently, a picture was published showing a police officer keeling to pray beside his cruiser. This was actually a simple testimony to the power that he thought would guide and protect him that day. Many other policemen pray verbal or silent prayers in their crusiers before leaving or on the way to answer a call, because they do not know what dangers they may face. Many military organizations have troops who will pray before going into battle every day. These examples speak of groups of people who understnd they live in a world of unseen and unexpected dangers. We all live in such a world, although the dangers may be differnt. The letter known as Acts documented the power of the Holy Spirit guiding early believers as they proclaimed the message of Jesus by their actions and words. The same Holy Spirit who empowered those early believers empowers us, to the degree we allow. Prayer is our avenue to His guidance. "And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord's people. Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should." - Eph. 6:18-20 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment