Saturday, October 13, 2018

Invisible confidence


When Jesus was on earth, He was always close to His disciples; it was as if He was beside them or even within them. When Jesus left He said "when I go away, another will come and live within you, speaking of the indwelling Holy Spirit. "Nevertheless, I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you." Jn 16:7 (ESV). So, Paul told the Colossians that the invisible confidence of being with Him in eternity was the seal of the One who continued Jesus' work after He went away. "And this is the secret: Christ lives in you. This gives you assurance of sharing his glory." Colossians 1:26-27 (NLT) Is there a secret to following Jesus' example and desires? Yes, it is the indwelling Holy Spirit or Christ's guide, who guides each dedicated Christian to follow Jesus' desires. The pathway along our spiritual journey is not working hard in your own strength to serve Jesus, it is following the leading of the indwelling Holy Spirit: this is assurance of sharing his glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment